This seminar is designed for participants to gain knowledge and familiarity on their responsibilities to safety so that they can effectively and responsibly address hazards inherent with their assigned jobs. This will increase their skill and their ability to analyze and control hazards. Methodologies include a series of lecture, small group discussions, workshop and film showing.
The cost of accidents in terms of lost man-hours and materials, damage to properties, adverse effects to our environment, notwithstanding the disabling effect to our worker-victim and his family must be the concern of everyone. This course will help promote the prevention of losses in the workplace.
Safety Awareness Training will enable participants to
• Recognize hazards associated with manual material handling;
• Safely handle a load and realize that each person has capacity limitations;
• Select and use proper equipment and safely travel with loads
• List the benefits of following special handling instructions;
• Respond properly to damaged loads; and
• Report accidents and incidents associated with Manual Material handling and state the benefits of reporting.
• Workplace Safety (Hazard Identification)
• OSHS Rule 1150
• Ergonomics – Rules for Lifting
• Proper Storage of Materials
• Handling Hazardous Chemicals
• Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Handling Workplace Emergencies
“Safety is not about promoting brands and buying safety products… Rather, safety is about preventing accidents and managing risks. Products
are solutions, whereas Safety is a Way of Life.”
Benjamin C. Tan